RUN AWAY! POLICE IS COMING!

on 1 de mai. de 2014

Did I sound like I was a criminal os something?
Well, actually everybody here has reasons to run away from the police, let me tell you why...

If you are acquainted with Brazil's history you probably know that, in some point in the last entury we got into a military dictatorship, and by that time, 1967 to be more exact, there was created another kind of police force: militar police, that would receive military training to interact with civil population.

They were responsible mostly to make the citizen remember who had the hegemony of violence.
And OH BOY THEY WERE GOOD!
They're still good, actually., pretty good.
A good part of them is corrupt, they allie themselves with the organized crime ( and sometimes taking their places as what we know as "militias") just for getting more money. And guess what, these guys are almost untouchable!
They do so much shit that most of the dirt that happens isn't even investigated, because if they start punishing harshly who, for an example, beats up a suspect without prior agression or indication of danger, they would need to do the same with almost the whole organization!
And thats just what's very common, once in a month you get to know about somebody found dead in a alley with lots of evidences pointing to what would be an cold-blooded execution done by cops.
That makes part of something that fucks Brazil up: power abuse.

By the way, have you ever heard about a police strike?
Yeah, police strike. Imagine what would happen in somewhere where violence is out there and crime happens at day-time when the police force is at large, without it?
I've seen it last month. They stopped working in the middle of the wek reinvidicating better payments (even with the having a pretty good salary in our terms), and they let the population at it's own risk!
I've seen some heavy stuff myself, I work in a pretty good neighborhood of my city and I went to work anyways. Im my lunch time I noticed that the city was a lot less movimented, I went to a near sandwich shop to buy a Sub (that were pretty guarded by private security) and from there, while I was eating my teryaki-mofocking-delicious sub, just chillin, I saw a old man being beaten for having no money and 3 persons being robbed, in one of the main avenues of the city at 1pm. Went straight hoe after that lol



The key-word of these ideas I dropped out right here is: Power abuse.
I'll make a post exactly about how it manifestates here and what implications it bring to our lifes, but in the meanwhile you can look at these photos of our officers spreading some love <3
See ya.
They love pets





http://minhapm.tumblr.com/ for more

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário